The 3100 is a versatile and highly automated CMYK four-colour dry toner production press with a maximum sheet size of SRA3-plus (330.2x488mm), The built-in XLS setting allows it to take sheets up to 660mm long via the Multi-Sheet Inserter tray.
The Xerox marketing slogan for the 3100 is ‘Advance, automate, and do more’. The technology has been designed for high performance, high reliability, and high image quality printing, each time, every time, year after year.
There are automation features for most operations from job submission to finishing. Some are fully automated, including process controls and automated registration for colour and consistency. Others such as colour calibration require the setting of a 'press function'.
Xerox Versant 3100 - Brochure Download | Video
- Fully automated colour and production print optimisation via Full Width Array
- Ultra HD 10 bit resolution with four times more pixels than standard
- Resolution 2,400dpi
- Screening clustered dot, line screen, FM
- Speed 100ppm (A4, up to 300gsm), 80ppm (301 to 350gsm)
- Sheet sizes 330.2x488mm in internal trays, up to 330.2x660mm in oversized feeder
- Weight range 52 to 350gsm
- Paper capacity 3,900 90gsm sheets as standard. 9,900 max with options
- Media types Coated and uncoated paper; tabs; labels; envelopes; transparencies; ‘special substrates’ (such as linen, poly, vinyl and magnetic stock); ‘special media’ (such as business cards, greeting cards, ID cards, signs, posters and menus)
- Footprint 2,670x807mm
Comes with the Automated Color Quality Suite (ACQS) tool for automated registration and colour density uniformity adjustment
What used to be a semi manul and automated process is now automated. A powerful combination of process controls and our Automated Color Quality Suite (ACQS) with an X-Rite ® Inline Spectrophotometer provides fully automated color management and the highest possible print quality. Complex, multi-step calibration operations are reduced to pushbutton simplicity.
At a Glance
- Powerful production press, printing 100 ppm on stocks and specialty media from 52-350 gsm.
- Wide media latitude including banner printing (660 mm), synthetics, labels, envelopes and more. Our Stock Library Manager (SLM) provides single-click
convenience when assigning and optimising specific media.
- Automated colour calibration, Production Accurate Registration (PAR) and other registration and image quality controls create error-free output and tolerances
to within a half millimetre without manual adjustments, operator error or profit-busting do-overs. Automated Sheet Clearing reduces downtime.
- Feeding and inline finishing versatility create opportunities for the higher-margin, higher-profit applications your competition can’t offer. Print everything from envelopes to banners to full bleed booklets. An integrated cooling module eliminates stock cool-down time for seamless operation from start to finish.
- Average Monthly Printing Volume (AMPV) of up to 250,000 and a maximum monthly duty cycle of 1.2 million, you’re ready for anything.
- Exclusive Xerox® Ultra HD Resolution Technology, with four times more resolution and low-gloss, low-melt EA Toner for an offset-like finish with all the ease and convenience of a digital press.
|Standard Capabilities||Colour printing|
|Optional Capabilities||High-capacity feeding, stacking, and finishing|
|Rated speed||100 PPM|
|Recommended average monthly volume||250,000 pages per month|
|Digital Front Ends|| |
|Media Types||Coated and uncoated papers, bright papers, labels, business cards, glossy brochures |
window decals, durable/synthetic papers, greeting cards, tabs, embossed, polyesters
and custom solutionsMixed-stock jobs supported
|Detailed specifications||See Xerox specifications|
- Inserting with 250-sheet Xerox Inserter
- Stacking with one or two High Capacity Stackers
- Finishing with Production Ready Finisher, Production Ready Finisher Plus
- Decurling with Interface Decurler Module
- Folding with C/Z Folder
- Trimming with Xerox Two-Sided Trimmer or SquareFold™ Trimmer Module
- Punching with Punch module or GBC® AdvancedPunch™ Pro
- Booklet Making with Production Ready Finisher Booklet Maker, or Plockmatic Pro50/35® Booklet Maker
- Binding with GBC® eWire™
- Xerox® EX-P 3100 Print Server Powered by Fiery®
- Xerox® EX 3100 Print Server Powered by Fiery®
- Xerox® FreeFlow® Print Server for the Xerox® Versant® 3100 Press