Xerox's new updated version of the Versant 80, the Versant 180, comes will more features, better image quality, and more finishing options - Designed especially for the short-run HD high definition print market with printing speeds of 80ppm on stocks from 52gsm up to 350gsm.
Xerox Versant 180 - Brochure Download - View Video
- Average Monthly Printing Volume (AMPV) of up to 80,000 with a duty cycle of 750,000
- Enjoy wide media latitude complete with the ability to print on stocks and specialty media from 52–350 gsm
- Error-free output and fine tolerances can be achieved using the automated registration and image quality controls
- Beat the competition by offering HD printing with feeding and inline finishing versatility
- Produce everything from envelopes to banners to booklets
Comes with the Automated Color Quality Suite (ACQS) tool for automated registration and colour density uniformity adjustment
What used to be a semi manul and automated process is now automated. A powerful combination of process controls and our Automated Color Quality Suite (ACQS) with an X-Rite ® Inline Spectrophotometer provides fully automated color management and the highest possible print quality. Complex, multi-step calibration operations are reduced to pushbutton simplicity.
At a Glance
|Standard||Colour printing, copying, and scanning|
|Optional||High-capacity feeding, stacking, and finishing|
|Rated speed||80 PPM|
|Recommended average monthly volume||80,000 pages per month|
|Digital Front Ends|| |
|Media Types||Coated and uncoated papers, bright papers, labels, business cards, glossy brochures, window decals, durable/synthetic papers, greeting cards, tabs, embossed, polyesters and custom solutions |
Mixed-stock jobs supported
Designed for Your Business
1. Ultra HD Resolution—The combination of rendering resolution and imaging resolution with expanded halftone screens yields a smoother, crisper resolution of objects and improved graphic fills and sweeps.
2. Advanced Oversized High Capacity Feeder (option)—Total paper capacity of 4,000 sheets 13 x 19.2"/330 x 488 mm) in two trays, with integrated technology to reduce skew, improve paper handling and prevent misfeeds. A Tray Inserter extends minimum size to 4 x 6" (102 x 152 mm) for postcards and envelopes.
3. Bypass Tray—A convenient and accessible pick point for feeding standard and specialty media like envelopes or extra-long sheets (XLS).
4. Extra-Long Sheet (XLS) Capability—Print banners, dust jackets, calendars and other applications up to 26" (660 mm) long.
5. Custom Paper Settings—Ensure perfect output on all stocks by allowing users to set, save and recall a wide range of technical settings for specific media types.
6. Press Interface—Provides quick and easy access to scan and copy features, automated processes, status and maintenance functions.
7. Automated Run-Time Color Controls—An internal subsystem of closed-loop process controls works continuously during printing to automatically maintain color consistency and color-to-color registration throughout the run.
8. Integrated Registration Alignment (IRA)—Uses over 50 sensors and switches to intelligently control paper transport that is accurate and automated. Three Standard Paper Trays—Each holds 550 sheets of coated or uncoated stocks in sizes ranging from 5.5 x 7.2" (140 x 182 mm) up to 13 x 19.2" (330 x 488 mm) and weights up to 256 gsm
10. Intermediate Belt Transfer—An automated and continuous process applying bias (voltage) and sensors to transfer images to registered paper with higher color quality and consistency with no operator involvement.
11. Bias Charge Rolls and Auto Cleaning Technology—Provides uniform electrical charging of key xerographic components, ensuring smoother halftones and reduced downtime. Both Bias Charge Rolls and Drum Cartridges are combined as a single, customer replaceable unit (CRU) for easier, faster maintenance.
12. Integrated Scanner—A dual-head color scanner provides copy and scanning up to 200 ipm and scans in black and white or color, up to 600 dpi, with a 250-sheet (90 gsm) Duplex Automatic Feeder up to 11 x 17" (A3) sheets. Scanning output options include scan-to-file, email, USB or a server.
13. Simple Image Quality Adjustment (SIQA)—Pushbutton-easy print and auto-scan adjustments produce higher quality jobs faster, on more media types, with better output and less waste.
14. Load-While-Run Dry Ink—Specially engineered Xerox® Emulsion Aggregation (EA) Low Melt Dry Ink provides a smooth, offset-like finish and outstanding color image quality with smaller, more uniform particles and less energy.
15. Advanced Fusing Technology—A newly designed flat fuser pad in the Compact Belt Fuser results in a larger surface contact area, reducing paper stress and deformation. The fuser uses two heat rolls to replenish the heat lost through the fusing process more quickly and efficiently for consistent image quality at high speeds. Although designed for long life, the entire assembly is customer replaceable, eliminating downtime and lost productivity.
16. Smart Decurler Module—Delivers consistent, error-free finishing by automatically removing up or down curl using paper weight and ambient temperature/humidity data.
Xerox® EX-i 180 Print Server Powered by Fiery® for the Xerox® Versant 180 Press - provides world-class color and easy access to essential tools. This integrated unit is well-suited to lighter production environments with all the power you need to print large, complex Microsoft® Office documents and color-critical PDFs accurately and quickly. With Fiery® Hot Folders and Virtual Printers, you can automate job submission and eliminate repetitive workflows. You’ll get consistent color and take full advantage of Versant’s Ultra HD Resolution capabilities with 10-bit architecture and special processing. And, you’ll be able to offer personalized printing with Fiery FreeForm™, a built-in, free variable data printing format.
Xerox® EX 180 Print Server Powered by Fiery for the Xerox® Versant 180 Press - (required for the Performance Package option) is a powerful, scalable standalone digital front end delivering outstanding quality and best-in-class performance. You’ll handle heavy workloads with faster turnaround times and turn short-run jobs more profitably by automating manual tasks and even create a powerful Web-to-print solution to move job information through your system more efficiently. You’ll also get support for industry-leading variable data printing formats and powerful processing, and 10-bit architecture for ultra-smooth gradients. Includes Fiery Impose for intuitive, visual document imposition and templates to automate common layouts.
Xerox® FreeFlow® Print Server for the Xerox® Versant 180 Press - a powerful standalone unit with benchmark RIP performance using data caching and distributed processing. You’ll get full production capabilities, outstanding color management and the flexibility to make late stage edits like imposition and color corrections. Make the most of Versant’s Ultra HD Resolution with true 2400 dpi resolution and extensive color management controls.
| || |